Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Blog theme??

Bonjour!! Welcome to my new blog, which also happens to be my first. I've always wanted to make a blog but could not figure out what to blog about. I thought about blogging about several of my cooking experiments or scrapbook pages/cards I make. Or should I write about life experiences? I guess I can do all of these things, right? It is MY blog after all. I came across another barrier, when I came up with this crazy idea (from my crazy mind) that ONLY young, creative, married women blogged. I may be young and I may be creative but I am not married. I seemed to have developed a stereotype about bloggers which told me it was not socially acceptable for me to have a blog. My experience of looking though blogs has given me the idea that only these women have blogs. Maybe it is because of the genre of blogs I view? Or Maybe, just maybe the majority of the blog community really is taken over by these young married women? Who knows? Well, move over ladies...I'm moving in!!

I've always enjoyed looking at blogs. I love looking for ideas for scrapbook pages or for home decorations. I like to to see how women can transform their surroundings into something chic and beautiful, as well as unique.

I also enjoy looking at blogs that revolve around baking and cooking, especially since they are my joys in life. I am always reminded of Julie Powell's blog, "The Julie/Julia Project," when Julie Powell made the decision to make a goal for herself. She decided to take a year and cook every recipe in "Mastering the Art of French Cooking," two recipe books written by Julia Child and Simone Beck. Powell's idea has been an inspiration to me since then. I adore french cuisine. It's classy, adventurous, complex, and not to mention very tasty. Mmmm!

Since I have many interests, I have decided to blog about whatever new creation I come up with. Whether it be a baked item, redesigned furniture or wall decor, or my scrapbook pages and cards. Until next time....au revoir!

3 comments:

  1. I can't agree more with you! It has been my experience from the blogs I've viwed that the majority of bloggers are young married women.

    I love the idea of cooking (One of my dreams is to be a cake decorator) though I have not had much chance to actually cook. I also love creating new things in scrapbooking and other random, pretty projects.

    Thank you for making way for us un-married gals! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad someone feels that way too. I have some married friends who blog and I just feel so intimidated. Still love them though, of course, but they are just amazing at blogging. Their profiles are just so up to date and techy. It's great.

    That is soo cool about your dream to be a cake decorator because that is also one of my dreams. I love watching all of those cake decorating shows, Cake Boss, Ace of Cakes, DC Cupcakes, and Fantastic Wedding Cakes. AMAZING! I almost went to Culinary school but decided that $40,000+ for tuition was way to much. I decided to get an Education degree instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Cake Boss is my favorite show! ;)
    $40,000 IS way too much... I have a hard enough time with the $4,000 the UofA charges for in-state. It's outrageous.

    ReplyDelete