Thursday, July 29, 2010

We Like to Move it, Move it!

I have decided I cannot stay in one place for more than one year. I have moved every year since my freshman year and I am moving again for the forth time. Hopefully, I will stay in this place for longer. I have two new amazing house mates, Marissa and Suzie. All of us praying that this living situation will work out since our past living conditions have not. We have dealt with too much room mate drama to last us a lifetime. I believe this is a match made in heaven. We also have an cute three bedroom brick house, with a great backyard (nicely landscaped), and the most important part...an awesome kitchen. My favorite place in the house equipped with mock-granite counter tops, a gas stove (the best) and all the appliances you will ever need. Now, I just need to load it up with all of my gadgets and equipment so I can start baking. (I promised the friends who are helping me move that they would get food out of it.) I have a list of so many things I want to experiment with and things that will be totally new for me. It will be fun. I am so excited to be living with two girls who also love to bake.

I am also ecstatic about living with a dog again. Leela, a beautiful orange dog that Suzie rescued from the pound, will be a great addition to our home. I miss having dogs around. I've always had a dog ever since I was born. Currently, my family and I have three dogs, all mixed breeds and the loves of our lives. Maddie, Lily, and Patrick are now the center of attention since both my sister and I are in college. I am partial to one of them, Lily. Lily Potter to be exact. Lily is my precious baby. I miss her so much and keep on threatening my parents that I am going to take her back to Tucson with me. Totally joking, of course. Lily would enjoy living in a different house with another wonderfully playful dog but she would miss her brother and sister. I couldn't do that to her. I miss Lily and my family a lot, but I am in college. It's the time when I get to discover my independence, make my own decisions, and to learn more about myself. I think my moving a lot is part of the growing process. I want to discover new places and experience new things. Wish me luck! I'm off to sign a new lease...

3 comments:

  1. Your first post seemed to imply a lot of "me." Sadly. I am not moving over for you woman. But you are welcome to join.

    So...welcome to the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not about you per say...about people's blogs I've seen. Yes, you are young, beautiful, married, and very creative but I'm just basing that assumption off of the thousands of women who have blogs. You google a blog and most likely it's going to fit my description. Nothing against you, because I love you. Your blog is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, or Bon Appetit!
    nice start, but remember the assignment calls for posting on separate days.
    DB

    ReplyDelete