Tuesday, June 28, 2011

New Place, New Kitchen, New Decor!

It's that time of year again. I am moving to a new place. Fifth place in four and a half years. You would think I like to move. Well, no...especially during the summer. Since I will be starting my student teaching in the fall, I wanted to find a place that will be a little closer to the school I will be student teaching. My move will save me about 20 minutes in driving time. Yay! I have found myself a little one bedroom town home with a lot more space, just for me. It was hard packing all of my stuff into my 10x10 bedroom. Yes, there was storage, lots of it, but I also had to share the space with 3 other people.

I really am going to miss my current house, especially the kitchen. Oh! Can't forget the friends! My friends will be missed the most. The kitchen was a good size with lots of counter and cabinet space filled with all my kitchen gadgets. Unfortunately, the kitchen is the drawback for my new place. It's about half the size. I will have to be creative to fit all my kitchen stuff into the new kitchen. Luckily, there is a lot of storage elsewhere in the home. What is Ikea for if you don't utilize it?

Besides the lack of space, it really is a cute kitchen. What I am most looking forward to is decorating it!!! I will continue the decorating theme I have at my place now, French Cuisine. I have a lot of new ideas that will make my new kitchen look like a little Paris cafe. I am looking for a set of wooden or metal, fork and spoon about 20" long that I can place on my wall. I have also a bought a sheet of metal at HomeDepot that I spray painted with the chalkboard paint and am going to stencil either the word Menu or Bon Appetit on top, with a Eiffel Tower image on the bottom left corner. I will eventually get it framed. I also want some vintage metal signs of Paris Cafes or French wine. I think my taste may be a little out of range for my broke, college student wallet.
Any ideas for my little Paris Cafe in Tucson? Stay tuned for pictures of my new kitchen and the deals I came up with. 


No comments:

Post a Comment